Friday 15 May 2009

Rambles.

Firstly, since when did Jaffa cakes get to one-mouthful-cake-gone size?? I want damn face-sized jaffa cakes! Same with Wagon Wheels. I could go on all day about food that has shrunk (don't get me started on Creme Eggs).

Secondly, library hours have been cut thanks to the dumb 2 mile round trip UP a hill and DOWN a hill each way. Thanks, stretched-a-little-too-far calf muscle. You HURT. And you coincide with my regular i-should-really-get-my-ballet-pumps-out flights of fancy. Plie with pulled calf? Nu-uh. Gah. And ibuprofen isn't helping. Greetings, superstrong cocodamol. You come with peace...

Ohmigosh there's only 9 days til exams start and I know NOTHING. Like, I spent 4 hours in the library today. Studying. Interspersed with sitting on the stairs eating Monster Munch (no retro snacks near the books!), texting R about... well, nothing, and fielding phone calls from people dying to offer me summer employment. Ok, I stretch the truth a little. There was one measly phone call. Offering me an interview for next week.

Yay!

I am 420 miles from the coffee house that wants to interview me. And unable to leave town because of revision, and MRI's and stuff.

Nay.

So, I offered to interview in June, when I'm back, and they did the whole letting-you-down-gently thing of 'well we're interviewing for 3 spots next week, so if some of those don't work out we'll get in touch, and we'll keep hold of your CV just in case'. Woo. Cross them off my list for this summer.

Ah well. I have the last-resort of begging R's Dad (hereby known as FIL - Father in Law, despite the lack of, you know, marriage or anything) for work. I'm not sure what sane business owner would employ a little 20 year old girl (that still sounds so weird. No 'teen' anymore) to lug around 21ft metal poles and shizz, but ya never know.

No comments: