Tuesday 12 May 2009

Ode to Library

Oh library, how I love you,
Hallowed shelves, I need you,
Big long desks, I like you,
To bash my head against.

That place will be the death of me. And seemingly I can cross Poet off my list of 'career options when Medicine doesn't work out'.

How geeky is it that I have a routine set out? Not that I manage a 9am start more than once a week, but high aims and all that mumbo...

9am: my grand entrance. Perfected card swipe, not wasting a second of studying time.
9.02: Find my floor. Find my desk (it has a light! Great for myopic morons like me).
1pm: Depart.

6pm: Re-enter, twice fed.
6.02pm: Grr at all the chatty people who still remain for the afternoon.
7.30pm: Peace.
8pm: Facebook break!
8.15pm: Curse the math geek who does not understand the concept of whispering.
9.30pm: Curse the tannoy system.
9.45pm: Curse the tannoy system (louder)
9.53pm: Depart. Risk life and limb walking alone through the park. No one would dare touch a girl carrying Rang & Dale's Pharmacology!

No comments: