Tuesday 19 May 2009

Bedtime!

Urgh. I was rudely awoken by an alarm clock at 6.30am (lots of rude awakenings recently. Don't people have manners? Don't people understand my need for sleep?!). Unfortunately, it was mine.

The MRI centre is 90 mins from my flat, on foot. Uphill. My toes are still bleeding. But I got a nice nap for 20 mins, with a cosy pillow, and some massive retro headphones. Great, aside from the CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK of some gigantic magnet spinning my protons (I think. A level Chem seems a long time ago). Fun, exciting new times anyway.

The other half finished his exams today, and (conditional to results) is now a second year! And promptly rang me to rub it in my face. Lovely man. Possibly our first functional phone call (yes, in over ten months of dating, 70% long distance, this is the first. Don't begrudge us our fights), with no awkward silences, no bickering about talking over each other, and it was a genuine 'I missed you and wanted to hear your voice' call, so aww *cute smushy face*

The 'after-MRI' bit of my day, like post-1030, has been... insignificant. Failed retail therapy - where have all the cool t shirts gone? Slogans, pictures, patterns? I already have a cupboard full of plain tops, dammit! Last time, I resorted to TopMan. My Grr shirt is my new favourite thing, ever.

I did come home with a ton of pick n mix sweets though, most of which got consumed instead of lunch, and left me in a hyperglycaemic haze until dinner. Which was great for my afternoon of anatomy revision. Aclands knowledge can be absorbed through the ears, bypassing the need for the mind to be switched on. My boyfriend agrees. And he's a psychologist, k?

Finally, expect death. All water outlets are being tested for Legionella this month. Suspiciously, 5 of my flatmates now have the early symptoms of Legionnaires.

No comments: