Saturday 5 April 2008

Update

Reunion was fun, in the end. Going into work for an 8.30am start after only 4 hours sleep was less fun, but except for a very hoarse voice, which I put down to coughing up colourful gunk for days, I think I got away with it.

Although a few people I would have liked to have seen were off gallivanting around Asia or Australia or already back at uni, it was great to get the whole year group back together and catch up.

The after-party was pretty good, trailing round three or four bars and ending up in a new club in town with a flashing dance floor - so retro.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maude (my car - don't mock me for naming it) has got another step closer to the scrap yard. On picking up a friend to drive to school for reunion, I discovered that the drivers-side door was well and truly jammed.

I lost all dignity trying to clamber over the gearstick in a mini-skirt and heels from the passenger side to get to my seat.

It's not booked in at the garage yet, cos I can't manage it til payday, but the good news is that the lock now has around a 40% success rate - slightly embarrassing if it chooses to jam as I'm trying to nonchalantly get into my car while talking to a (extremely gorgeous and lovely) male colleague.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I tidied my bedroom for the first time in months, and have thrown out so much stuff I've rediscovered the colour of my carpet. I even hoovered.

No comments: