Wednesday 23 April 2008

Normality (t minus 1 week)

As of next Wednesday, I am officially normal.

My CBT course will be over and I will be freed from the clutches of the Centre.

I will finally get to wave goodbye to my buddy K.

I will never again have to beg for time off work to go to appointments.

Next week, I am officially discharged from the mental health team's caseload.

I'm gonna be a sane member of the public again!

Ok, so a little exaggerated, but I am just so ecstatic to be done with it. I've been on the mental health team's books since November, but I had my first psychiatric assessment as a toddler.

In this referral, I've had:

1 assessment

8 CBT sessions

9 Dr's appointments

7 blood tests

1 ECG

11 CPN appointments

900mg fluoxetine

10,000mg propranolol

Ok, so I still have 4 months of taking fluox, but that's for maintenance rather than treatment. I am officially in recovery!

I even double-checked with a friend. Apparently, I am noticeably happier and less stressed! Woo!

According to K, I'm visibly more confident.

I feel more confident.

I feel stronger.

More able to deal with what life might throw at me.

Ready to deal with my arse of a manager. I'm a new me. I'm not gonna take that patronizing shit any more.

Get ready world. There's a new Jelly in town.

No comments: