Wednesday 30 April 2008

Normality postponed (temporarily)

Ok, so the abject happiness I was expecting didn't happen. Nor did the discharge from mental health. So I have another two weeks before I am 'normal'. Kind of a probation period, according to K, to see how I get on without her support.

So far, so not good.

I cried on leaving the centre. Partly cos I absolutely adore K and I'll miss having our weekly chats. Partly cos, like, what the hell will I do with my Wednesday afternoons now?!

But mainly cos, once again, I am out in the big wide world with a handful of leaflets and a head full of psychobabble.

I sat in the car and screamed like a big wussy baby.

Then a song came on the radio that had so many happy memories. Laughing with my bro, A. Driving six hours with H to hear this sung live.

And it made me smile.

Despite the fact that the rain is coming down in blankets, not sheets. Despite the fact that there is a massive pile of ironing calling to me. Despite the fact I have to go back to work tomorrow and face the arsey manager again.

I'm still smiling.

Therapy has made me a new person. Yep, there'll be setbacks. But I can cope with that.

Life's ups aren't half as good without the downs to define them.

No comments: