Wednesday 2 April 2008

Reunion

It's the school reunion tomorrow night, and I'm not overly convinced that I want to go. Out of the 150 people I went to sixth form with, I think there's only twenty or so that I'd actually like to see again, and out of that twenty, I've seen nineteen of them in the past two weeks.

I have absolutely no desire to stand around making idle chit-chat with people I was never friends with about how hammered they got at the union last week and how little work they've done; nor am I that keen to see any of my old teachers. I'd like to walk in, collect my certificates, and walk out again. But social etiquette will probably prevail, and tomorrow night you'll find me making idle polite small talk with people I have so little feeling towards, I don't even dislike them anymore.

No comments: