Friday 25 April 2008

"Never mind the patients, this is giving me mental health issues"

^My colleague, trying to figure out if some patient really had a history of psychosis.

I spent all morning with brain-ache. I thought I'd got my head round the Mental Health stuff I'm doing at work, but it seems I haven't. Of course, I pick the week that my supervisor is on holiday to become a doofus.

It doesn't help that the full extent of my medical knowledge on this consists of personal experience and google.

But it was a great way to spend four hours today, looking like I was working really hard but actually just reading through patient's notes. I think I've perfected the art of looking busy.

So the product of four hours work? Three emails sent out, 4 pages of notes written, and one quarter-hour meeting with a colleague to try and decipher the damn thing.

Meaning the most productive thing I've done all day is watching Ashley Tisdale vidoes on YouTube.

No comments: