Tuesday 1 April 2008

Vanity (or my seemed lack thereof)

I got contacts last week. It's been a dream come true to be able to wear sunglasses. I haven't worn sunglasses since I was five (I'm now eighteen), but I seriously doubt that Minnie Mouse frames are in vogue anymore, so I think shopping is due.

Although the novelty of being spectacle-free is wearing off sharpish. It's got something to do with the time it takes to go through the whole routine: wash hands, rinse lenses, rinse case, pull eyelid up, pull other eyelid down, place lens on eye, blink rapidly at dust in eye, retrieve lens from cheek/sink/floor, rinse lens, try again. Then repeat on the other side until eyesight becomes equal.

It doesn't help that I collected a new lens on Saturday, with a different prescription to compensate for my eyes being a weird shape (my optician's words, not mine) and I think I may have forgotten to wash the solution off properly. Suffice to say I was curled up on the bathroom floor wimpering like a girl, while trying to claw the lens back out of my now extremely red and slightly puffy eye.

Maybe my glasses weren't so bad, after all.

No comments: