Friday 4 December 2009

*Pharm dance*

2 posts in 2 days - something must be wrong!

So far all that is majorly wrong (ignoring big uni FtP issues, family issues, flatmate issues...) is that I still have two weeks left of term! This means about twenty more hearty lectures, one community session, and two ward sessions. [And two days in trauma theatre, but that isn't confirmed yet, so ssshh.]

And today, on Haematology? The Jelly fire was still a-burning. The Prof finally deigned to teach us himself, and he's a darling. A veritable Theo Paphitis (sp? I like my dragons firebreathing, not just plain wealthy) with a mild sense of humour. Split to the 8 winds, with a list of 9 patients to see, we regrouped an hour later with 5 histories. Maths is lost on medics, clearly.

Beardy presents his case. I don't even recall what it was, but I've got a 33% chance of guessing - everyone has lymphoma, leukaemia, or myeloma. And I know nil about any of them. Yet. Only just into his HxPC, Beardy gets pulled up on some error, suggests that I take over. Queen of the presentation. I like. I decline (having not even gathered the notes for my case, never mind his) and he continues, until the medication list arises. What is... Aciclovir? Ciprofloxacin? Dexamethasone? Omeprazole? Azathioprine? Bing, bing, bing, bing, bing. Somehow, the rest of the group left their Pharm head at home. Or never owned one in the first place. I recommend eBay. After drug five, Theo has given up even looking at anyone else for an answer. Oh yeh! Oh yeh, oh yeh, oh yeh... *pharm dance*

Now what the hell is MAXICHOP? Aside from the latest in machete wielding ballroom styles...

No comments: