Sunday 18 May 2008

Take a bow...

The dance show has finally been and gone, and already I'm missing the shrill screaming of the baby ballet group trying to be first in line for the glitter spray, not to mention Mr Clearly Gay tap dancer trying to steal my eye-shadow.

I've had a fabulous week in rehearsal, spending every waking minute thinking about lighting and costumes. My adult stage debut was hardly a roaring success, but it's passed without major incident (barring one massive stumble in a pirouette on the only night my family were in the audience).

I cannot believe I didn't get into this before. I adored every second of being on stage, knowing that there were 150 people who'd paid to watch me (and the other dance school students) perform. I'm already signed up to continue with ballet for the next term, as well as starting jazz (tomorrow! Can't wait!)

I still have my stage make-up on, so I look like a clown, pretty much, but I'm loath to take it off cos I love the whole effect with my neon dance clothes and leg warmers.

Here's hoping that Scotland has adult dance classes!!

No comments: